SIKKIM-the land of blooming rhododendrons
Sikkim, derived from the combination of two Limbu words "Suu" & "Khyim", is India's youngest & the second smallest state after Goa. Yet, its restricted geographical expanse never became a limiting factor on its way to become India’s most ecologically diverse & conscious state extant. The proud host of Mount Khangchendzonga & the International Flower Festival that attracts people from worldwide, Sikkim presently is home to a whooping one thousand and twenty-five species of flora.
Places to Visit
- GANTAK:The capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok is nestled in the Eastern Himalayas and is one of the kaleidoscopic tourist destinations in the state.For the nature lovers, a holiday in this scenic city is enough to fulfill all their wishes. On the other hand, for the adventure lovers, they can enjoy cable car rides, river rafting, go for mountain biking and several other activities in Gangtok.
- YUKSOM:Located in the Western parts of Sikkim, Yuksom is the origin of several enthralling treks into the Himalayas or the magical Kanchenjunga. The once a capital of Sikkim, this hamlet is more known for its pristine beauty and rustic appeal.Also known as the-Meeting place of Three Lamas-, this Sikkimese village has recently started gaining tourism attention. Well, this is also the reason, you can expect pristine beauty and untouched nature in Yuksom. Home to the oldest monastery in Sikkim, this pictorial hamlet is one amongst the most peaceful and serene places to visit in Sikkim.
- NATHULA PASS:The once a part of the historic ‘Silk Road’, a visit to Nathu La is a must in any of the Sikkim travel packages. One of the highest motorable pass in the world, this amazing pass is located at a towering height of 4,310m above the sea level and connects Sikkim with Tibet.
- PELLING:If you are an ardent fan of the captivating Himalayan Range, Pelling is the destination for you! It is from this Sikkimese town, one can have the best views of the Himalayas and the Kanchenjunga Peak, and can experience the best of their Sikkim holidays.Located at a height of 7,200ft above the sea, this scenic town is bestowed with several waterfalls, breath-taking views, natural beauty and adventure options like rafting, kayaking, trekking, mountain biking and several others.
- LACHUNG:Lachung has multiple reasons to make you fall in love with it! While its location at an enthralling height of 8,610ft makes it a popular snow-destination in Sikkim, its untouched and surreal beauty makes it one of the scenic as well as charming tourist places in Sikkim.
- ZULUK:Touching a towering height of 10,000ft, Zuluk is one of the least discovered destinations in the entire of Sikkim. Located on the ancient ‘Silk Route’, this quaint Sikkimese village takes the pride of being a vintage point to enjoy panoramic views of the Mt Kanchenjunga. YUMTHANG VALLEY:A visit to Yumthang Valleys it truly a colourful affair! Located at an elevation of 3,500m, this scenic valley is the home to several exotic, rare and wild flowers. It is often said, one who visits this quintessential valley, often gets pleasantly affected by its treacherous colours and alluring beauty!