Explore Bhutan 'The Land Of Happiness!
Shivakhola Adventure Camp is a serine river side property in Mahananda Wild Life Sanctuary. Itâ€™s a 27 km away from Siliguri. Shivakhola is surrounded by tea gardens and on the bank of a river named on the famous Shiva temple on the bank .
Places to Visit
- TAKTSANG MONASTERY:This monastery is famous for its view, location and meditation. Located on the top of a high cliff made of granite, this is one of the holiest place in the country. It is also called as the Tiger’s Nest of Paro. The monastery perched on an edge of the hill and you can spot the Paro valley and the river from the monastery.
- THIMPHU:This is a cultural spot of Bhutan. This is the capital of the country, located on the laps of Himalayas. The view from this place is amazing. This is the only city in the world to have zero traffic lights. The city has maintained to keep its link with the culture and tradition of the land. You can find many new and old buildings in Bhutanese style. Top buildings to spot in this city are National Memorial Chorten, Tashichho Dzong, Motithang Takin preserve and others. Try to enjoy the traditional cuisine of the land, too.
- PARO:Paro is the right place for anyone looking to enjoy a natural spot. The undisturbed nature is an important attraction of paro. Surrounded by valley, mountains and rice fields, this region is an important historic site of the country. You can find a few historic structures and buildings here and there.
- PUNAKHA:This is a momentous destination, which explains the culture and history of the land. This region is linked with many historic events. This region is located 1300m above the sea level and the valley raises up to 3000m above sea level. The Docchula pass of this region was the former capital of the country. You can find numerous sights of nature in this region. If you are looking to enjoy the culture and history of the land, visit Chimi Lhakhang, Punakha Dzong, Limbhukha and others.
- PHUENTSHOLING:This is a small town in Bhutan, which is famous for its serene nature and solitude environment. You can find a few attractions here like the crocodile breeding spot, hydrothermal project, Bhutan Gate, Karbandi monastery and others. However, the main attraction of this land is the nature. Trek and hike through the regions to find hidden attractions. If you are looking for some lone time with nature or a romantic time with your special one, this is the right place to visit.