Darjeeling-Queen of the Himalayas
Darjeeling is a snug hill station that sits atop an elevation of 2042 meters covered by pruned tea estates. Enveloped in a pleasing weather throughout the year, this place has been hailed as a local favorite since colonial times on account of the never-ending stock of all the eclectic sightseeing places it has in store.
Places to Visit
- TIGER HILL:If you want to witness the first rays of sun hitting the twin peaks of Kangchenjunga, along with a panoramic view of Everest peeping through the peaks standing by its side, then Tiger Hills make for a perfect sunrise for you. You can see Kurseong to the south along with multiple rivers flowing down. Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary is another nearby attraction you could visit - the place inhabits various high-altitude animals and bird.
- DARJEELING HIMALAYAN RAILWAY:A visit to the city of Darjeeling is incomplete without a joyride at the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway toy train. Moving at a snail pace over the hilly terrain, it is an experience no one wants to miss.
- BATASIA LOOP:Located around 5 km from Darjeeling, Batasia loop is a spiral railway track where the toy train takes a complete 360 degree turn. The toy train descends by 1,000 ft. as it completes the loop through a large circular area.
- ROPEWAY:Darjeeling Ropeway is a cable car circuit where one can witness a myriad of exquisite landscapes, from the glorious snow-capped mountains to the charming valley replete with verdant tea estates.
- SSINGALILA NATIONAL PARK:Singalila National Park , located on the Singalila Ridge at a height of 7000 feet above sea level, is a national park of India in Darjeeling . The park is well known for the trekking and other adventure sports. The national park is similar to a paradise for the trekkers and adventure lovers.
- ROCK GARDEN:The Rock Garden or the Barbotey Garden as its commonly known, is located a little far from the city around ~10 km away. The benches in the garden are made by cutting rocks at different levels.